Healing with Ayahuasca
Healing with Ayahuasca takes a holistic approach. It does not only treat the symptom of what ails you, but treats the root cause.
Especially in the case of emotional and psychosocial problems, the underlying cause is hidden from your consciousness and is repressed to the subconscious. In other words, something bad happened, or is happening to you and you’ve learned to live with it or otherwise aren’t able to resolve the issue. Often physical problems are a result of the same mechanism. Certain inexplicable pains may be caused by hidden trauma, or unsuccessfully processed trauma.
Ayahuasca can show you the root cause of your problems in such a way that is unique to you, in a way that speaks to you, enabling you to work with it, move through it, and finally release it. This means that Ayahuasca is not for the faint of heart. It takes courage and a determination to face your fears and possibly your dark side in order to shed that which no longer serves you. If you think you might not be brave enough, take a moment of silence and look inside your heart. You might find that you are braver than you allow yourself to believe!
The resident healer is maestro Julio Cesar Urquia Rojas, a shipibo healer who has more than 23 years of experience with the plants. Julio has worked extensively with foreign guests in the past and is dedicated to heal all that come before him.
In order to facilitate the healing process of our guests, we provide two types of healing retreats: one short retreat of 8 days which includes 5 Ayahuasca ceremonies and one longer retreat of 12 days which includes 7 Ayahuasca ceremonies. It is difficult to give advice which one would be right for you, because this depends on your personal circumstances. The only advice we can give you is go by what feels right.
What does your retreat include?
- Small group size of 4 guests.
- High degree of personal attention, in ceremony as well as outside of ceremony
- Group meetings after each ceremony
- Private consultations with maestro Julio
- Vomitivo with Hierba Luiza to cleanse your stomach in preparation of your retreat
- Baths with Chiric sanango prior to each ceremony to prepare you for your ceremony
- The retreat is facilitated in english
- Translation from spanish to english
- All meals and drinks
- Laundry washing service
- All transportation between Pucallpa and Rao Nete
- Your own personal tambo with mosquito screens, mosquito net for your bed, private toilet and hammock
- Shared showers
This retreat includes 7 Ayahuasca healing ceremonies
This retreat includes 4 Ayahuasca healing ceremonies